Friday, April 16, 2010

This Week's Dinners

The hubby and I have agreed that dinners can be vegan. He will eat what he wants for snacks and lunches.

So for my first vegan dinner (Tuesday night), I made a leek and mushroom risotto. It actually came out pretty good! I used organic vegetable stock in place of water to cook the risotto. Even the hubby liked it! Of course, he would have loved it if it had been a side dish rather than the main course...

Wednesday's dinner: A recipe I found years ago. Basically, it's grape tomatoes, garlic, onions, and capers over in olive oil served over spaghetti. Normally, I would put this over regular spaghetti, but I used Barilla's whole wheat spaghetti this time. It was very good! I topped it with mozzarella cheese (VeggieSlices - a vegan cheese for me). I ended up with a lot of leftover spaghetti though!

Thursday's dinner: A modification of a Rachel Ray recipe. It was a stir fry, using portabella mushrooms, cabbage, carrots, red and yellow bells peppers, bean sprouts, snow peas, and scallions. I used the leftover spaghetti from the night before instead of rice, and warmed it up in the pan with a bit of olive oil. It came out really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment