Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Random Thoughts at the End of the Day

The cinnamon raisin bread was okay, but it needs more cinnamon and brown sugar. It needed to be just a bit sweeter. Also, I want to try using regular yeast and traditional rising methods instead of the bread machine. My loaves of bread just do not bake correctly in that little pan, and come out with very thick, hard crusts. Not so yummy that way!

I was reading an older post from Mrs. Money this afternoon titled Where Have All the Housewives Gone? (BTW, I love your blog! I wish that I had found it sooner!) It was interesting because I have been wondering about this too. One of the things that I liked most about the post is that she provides an example of what her grandmother’s weekly schedule looked like. What a difference technology makes! Thanks to technology, we can accomplish a couple of big chores each day. But this got me thinking about how I should break out my week to handle all of the things that I want to do.

After playing around for a bit, I think I have my ideal rough schedule. I have limited myself to my "must do's" each day, so that I know I get the essentials out of the way, and make sure to work on my "new" essentials too. I am trying to limit how often I leave the house to run errands to twice a week (three times top). I drive a big truck, so I try to run all of my errands at once. (Yes, I know trucks are the bane of the world. However, I only own one vehicle and I actually use it as intended - to tow and haul things.) I think this schedule leaves me enough wiggle room to handle things as they come up, and to work on more as time allows or creativity hits.

Monday: Heavy Cleaning; Long Workout; Paperwork (Weekend Messes, Meal Planning, Bills)

Tuesday: Short Workout; Blogging; Sewing & Crafts

Wednesday: Quick Cleaning; Long Workout; Shopping

Thursday: Short Workout; Sewing & Crafts; Paperwork (Filing, Errands, Misc.)

Friday: Quick Cleaning; Long Workout; Blogging; Laundry

Saturday: Baking & Cooking; Yard Work; Quick Laundry

Sunday: Free Day!

Of course, free days aren’t exactly free. There are still meals to be cooked, lunches to be made, and dishes to wash. But at least I have one day that I can just hang with the hubby and watch football (or whatever sport is on).

No comments:

Post a Comment