Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Exercise Update

Today's workout was Burpees are Forever on BodyRock. The workout took exactly 12 minutes (50 seconds of exercise, 10 seconds of rest; three exercises; four rounds). Sounds easy, right? WRONG!!! The three exercises were all variations on the Burpee - one of the things I like least because I'm so bad at them. The only good thing is that I can only get better, right?

My numbers (doing full modifications):

1 Leg Burpee w/Side Jump: 3,5,6,5
Side Burpee: 5,5,4,5
Starburst Burpee: 6,5,5,5

This is my starting point. The first round of 1 Leg Burpees was the hardest, because I had to figure out my rhythm, which leg to move first, etc. Once I got past that, my numbers are pretty consistent. As I get stronger, I'm sure my numbers will improve and I won't have to modify as much. I look forward to the point where I don't have to modify as much!

I have stuck to my eating plan for the day fairly well so far. I had my cinnamon raisin oatmeal and a cup of coffee with Splenda this morning for breakfast at about 6:15. It's been 3.5 hours, and I'm still not hungry. Thirsty? Yes!!! Hungry? Not so much.

One of the things that I am learning to do is to tell the difference between hunger, thirst, and boredom. Sounds pretty basic, right? When you think about it, the answer is no. I won't speak for others, but I have found that I eat because I think I'm hungry or because I think I should be eating. I found this reminder on Pinterest:

Another one that I like is this:


I hadn't thought of it this way, but it's very true!

So with that being said, I'm off to find a large glass of water and a handful of dark chocolate roasted almonds as my post workout snack. And yes, this is part of my eating plan! One ounce of these very sinful almonds is 4 points! Sounds like a lot for a snack, but I need the protein after my workout. I've only used 11 of my 29 points today, which is about one third, so I'm on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment